Vegan banana blueberry pancakes are a perfect breakfast meal that is easy to make. This was one of my first times actually cooking from scratch and I made them in about 30 minutes. Without further adieu, here is my first vegan recipe blog post!
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 ripe banana (or 2 if you want a strong banana taste)
- 1-2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups soy/almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Coconut oil (or non-stick spray)
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl (except flour)
- Melt butter in a pan and add to bowl
- Add flour and mix batter
- Heat pan on medium
- Add small amount of coconut oil to pan
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter onto pan. Flip when bubbles begin to show in batter and bottom side is golden
- When both sides are golden, remove pancake
- Repeat until all batter is used
- Add toppings and enjoy!
I added two ripe bananas for my pancakes. This gave the pancakes a strong banana taste, which was fine with me. However, if you don’t want an overwhelming banana flavor, just add one. You also don’t need to add blueberries if you are not a big fan, you can substitute other fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc. Or you can just have some banana pancakes! The great thing about this recipe is the freedom and flexibility it offers! Let me know below what other recipes or foods you would like to see!